Today’s prompt from Blog Everyday in May is to share some of your quirks – and boy, do I have a lot of them.
- I am like the girl from Signs – I leave half-empty (or half-full if you’re an optimist) glasses everywhere. When I was a teenager, my room would be filled with cans of diet soda that had 25% to 50% of their soda still within. I’ve gotten a bit better, but it’s still a problem. Unlike the girl from Signs, this isn’t a cute personality quirk. I don’t think there is anything wrong my drinks. I just go off to do something or fall asleep before I finish them, and then when I come back they are flat. And then I’m too lazy to throw them away.
- I don’t consider myself a picky eater, but I hate tomatoes and I think cilantro tastes like soap. I know the cilantro thing has a genetic basis, but I’m not sure about the tomatoes. And please don’t tell me to eat homegrown tomatoes instead of store-bought because they have more taste – more taste would just make it worse!
- I can’t eat sugary things on an empty stomach because it makes me feel sick. I thought this was a normal thing, but every time I tell someone, “I can’t eat that candy bar/piece of cake/ice cream because I’m hungry,” they look at me when I’m insane. I’m not sure if this is a physical thing or a result of my mom always insisting that I eat “real food” before sweets.
- I’m not scared of heights per se, but I hate being able to see through what I’m standing on. My brain assumes that if I can see through it, I can fall through it. Those glass bottomed outlooks on tall building are nightmare fuel for me.
- I think Bavarian sounds like an Irish person speaking German. I also think Dutch sounds like a mix of Scottish and German. I have no idea if these are quirks or not.
- I really enjoy writing with purple pens. If you every need a gift idea, pens with purple ink are always appreciated, or purple ink to put in my fancy fountain pen the Verlobter got me for Christmas.
If you know me personally and think I missed something, please comment below! I want to know! (But be nice :-P)